Thursday, February 13, 2014

Recipe Share - Tuna with Jalapeno Sour Cream



I tried this recipe tonight, and it was so easy and turned out so perfectly, I thought I'd share it!

I found the recipe at Health.com, but the credit goes to "Cooking Light - Super Fast Suppers".


Tuna with Jalapeño Sour Cream Recipe
Photo: Health.com

Tuna with Jalapeno Sour Cream:

  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
  • Cooking spray

Combine first 5 ingredients; set aside.
Combine chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Rub tuna with chili powder mixture; coat with cooking spray. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add tuna. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with sour cream mixture.

Now, I prefer my tuna medium-well, with only a touch of pink (unless I'm eating sushi, of course). So I cooked mine for about 5 minutes a side. It was super easy, super delicious, Mark loved it, and it fits into my "protein and veggie" way of eating. I served it with some oven roasted broccoli and a tomato and avocado salad.

Let me know it you give it a try!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your content info is very good. Thanks for sharing useful information. Entertainment Units

LIAQAT said...

Very healthy blog you have share thanks for sharing.
Cat Doors

healthupdates said...

Nova Bio Research services offer a convenient way for independent researchers and laboratories to explore a range of research-grade compounds.