|This was Emma's birthday cake (February, 2011) made by Catherine.|
It's that time of year again when another birthday rolls around. Yay! I love celebrating my birthday and don't have too many qualms about the whole growing older thing. As my dad says, it's better than the alternative. So why not embrace a day that's all about me? In fact, why not make it a whole weekend of celebrating? I'm celebrating today with:
- toast and hot chocolate for breakfast
- seeing "Water For Elephants" with Catherine
- lunch at Iggy's with Catherine and Jon
- reading....a novel - no studying for boards today!
- making potato salad in preparation for our weekend in Torrey
- birthday wishes from family and friends
- a bottle of Perrier Jouet champange (thanks, Eileen and Steve!)
- sushi at Takashi....there's food, and then there's sushi
With that, I want to share a list of things...39 things, to be exact, that I plan to do before I turn 40 in exactly one year. Some are easy, some will take some work. Some are already planned, some will need to be worked into the schedule. I will keep you updated as I progress through the list.
39 Things I Want to Do Before I Turn 40...(in no particular order, except for the last one):
4. Start Spanish lessons - Rosetta Stone? Ugh. Just. Do. This. Pronto!
6. Take a photography class - didn't happen
7. Visit a high school friend - wasn't in the cards
9. Visit Yellowstone - didn't work out this year
13. Try a ballroom dance class
14. Frame my diplomas
15. Make a will - actually have this planned for June
16. Visit the Oregon coast - but got a trip planned for possibly this summer! yay!
17. Buy myself a bouquet of flowers - for no reason! Umm...sadly, didn't even do this! What a goofball!
18. Have professional portraits taken of me and Mark - not sure who to go to
24. Get ripped shoulders and arms - didn't even try
26. Learn to change a bike tire
27. 39 scrapbook layouts Think I only did 15 at most