Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'll Drink To That!

So, I wanted to share some of the fun things that have been happening around here since April. I presented my doctoral project on April 8th, and what a joy it was to be done with that! Graduation was the first week of May, and was basically a crazy week of ceremonies, dinners, parties...



In June, Mark and I took a much needed (and well-deserved) vacation to Germany. We had an amazing time! The city of Berlin is beautiful, and the people were so friendly. We saw all the main attractions, ate some great food, and Mark had a fun time speaking German to all the locals.




July has also been eventful. Most importantly, I passed my boards! Yay! I am now a board-certified acute care nurse practitioner. It's a relief having that task out of the way.  Also, I have started my new job with Neurosurgical Associates. Also very cool! I am working in a slightly limited capacity since I'm still waiting for my license, hospital privileges and credentials...basically a whole bunch of paper work needs to be done, and mostly by other people, thankfully. This whole process could take months (but hopefully only weeks), so I'm happy to be able to at least start working in the clinic.

Not to worry, I am using my down-time wisely, working on projects around the house and reading some great novels (The Hunger Games, anyone?).

Hope everyone is enjoying summer!

Cheers!

No comments: