Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Well, that went by fast...

Okay, so it's May already. Sheesh.

I must say, I successfully rocked my April goal, following the Atkin's diet. Of all the meals I ate in April, which we can assume to be 90, I only strayed on three of them. Yeah, that's right. Three. And it was okay, really. I missed dessert and bread, but I didn't crave either one. I found a great alternative to potato chips - Parmesan crisps. Salty and crunchy. Thank you, Harmon's. And I love my new breakfast protein shake that uses almond milk instead of 1% milk. I dropped a few pounds, lost a few inches, and my skin complexion is so smooth, it's freaky. Of course, you know what that means. Guess I'm going to have to continue cutting back on those nasty carbs. Maybe not each and every day, but certainly most of the time. 


Atlantic Cafe-inspired salad. 
Which brings us to May's goal...

May is "add weights to the workout routine" month. It's pathetic, I know, because I should already be doing this. But I dread lifting weights. I do it once a month (why I even bother, I have no idea). To me, it is more boring than the treadmill. And I hate the treadmill. It is a necessary evil, however, and this month, I'm giving it a good faith effort. Maybe I should hire a personal trainer to help me out. 

In other fun news, I wanted to give a big "thank you" to Lisa Dickenson, of one of my favorite blogs, "Gettin' By". She is a fantastic scrapbooker who has a great writing style and never fails to make me laugh, smile, or be inspired by her posts. She recently hosted a giveaway on her blog, and I won! Yay! I will be the recipient of two issues of Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine, which will be a nice way to get inspired to get my craft on. Go check her out. She's a hoot. And in the spirit of giving, I will be hosting a giveaway on my blog this month. So stay tuned! 

And finally, a few weeks ago Mark and I participated in a couple of the events that were part of the Salt Lake City Marathon. Mark ran the 5K:



And I rode in the Bike Tour:



Thanks for stopping by. Cheers!

No comments: